The Best of South Africa – July 20-27, 2019
Package Dates: July 20-27, 2019 (07 Nights 08 Days – 15 Dives)
The Best of South Africa Tour! Diving in South Africa
The Aliwal Shoal has been rated as one of the top sites in the world for scuba diving. Located off the coast of Umkomaas, a tranquil beach town south of Durban, the bio-diversity underwater is simply amazing—from the small nudibranch to big whales. This unique and amazing landscape is part of the Marine Protected Area (MPA). No fishing allowed, and divers need a permit before jumping into the blue waters.
Aliwal Shoal is famed for its shark sightings: ragged-tooth sharks, tiger sharks, dusky sharks, black-tip sharks. Winters are also the time to watch the humpback whales up close, as they pass through on their migration route. Exploring spectacular reefs and amazing wrecks, the thrill of diving with sharks, and even encountering a sardine bait ball, the waters here offer scuba divers an adventure of a lifetime.
Join us for an experience you will never forget!
What else can I add on to the trip**:
- 4 nights-3 days of sardine run, before our Best of South Africa package from July 20, 2019
- 1 day of Big 5 Safari at Hluhluwe Game Reserve, on the last day of the dive holiday package (the best way to spend the no-diving-before-flying day)
- 2 days of Big 5 Safari, 1 day Hippo and Croc River Cruise, after the dive holiday package.
- Airport meeting and handling services at Durban.
- Pick-up from & drop-off at Durban International Airport.
- 7 nights accommodation in twin/double rooms, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee and tea.
- MPA permits
- Up to 15 guided dives (depending on the arrival time at Durban, weather conditions and 24-hour no diving before flying safety rule)
- Two baited shark dives (no feeding, no cages), included in the above dive count
- Equipment provided: cylinder and weight hire.
- Services of experienced dive guides
Package does not include:
- Air fares
- Passport/visa charges.
- Beverages, except those mentioned in the included list
- Personal laundry
- Dive equipment, except those mentioned in the included list
- Dive & travel insurance
- Transfer supplements for arrivals/departures on days other than the scheduled dates
- Dive courses
- Tips to crew of the safari
- Anything not mentioned in ‘inclusions’ list
- Packages other than the Best of South Africa
How do I get there:
Emirates, Etihad, Air Seychelles, British Airways, Jet Airways, all have single- or multi-airline flights into Durban. There are multiple options; you can fly via Dubai or Johannesburg. We have tied up with a travel agency to help you apply for your visa and get the best deal on air tickets from your destination.
Where will I be staying:
At the Blue Ocean Dive Resort. Built in 1934, this colonial-styled resort offers amazing views of the ocean and the Umkomaas Golf Course. It also boasts a sea-view deck restaurant and bar where you can lounge around post your dives. The dive centre is located on the same premises.
For more details, call us on: +91-9686446033 or +91-9820040994